Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Two Adoption Pictures

The Adoption Carnival III over at Grown in My Heart was asking about my favorite adoption photo. I have a couple. I'm not in either one of them; I think you'll figure out why in a minute.

The earlier one was taken by a professional mall photographer about 3 years ago, not long after A's birthday. It's a beautiful black and white shot, with A and M looking at each other. M was smiling, A wasn't if I remember correctly. I haven't been able to find that photo. I suspect I sent all the copies to M and C, her mother, but I'm not sure.

The later one was taken after a visit about...oh, it's been over a year now, I think. It's a picture of M, A and Lil' S (A's first father's sister). A's with her family; she has her mother's looks (like a model) and her aunt's build (tall and slender).

As she's said herself, A's family has 3 sides: K's, mine, and hers. My favorite pictures and memories are the ones when she's with "her side of the family". Sometimes they're difficult to look at, but life's like that.

1 comment:

Mad Tomato said...

Hello! Just blog-hopping! :) Have a nice day!